Vanities are often the starting point for the design of the bath space, according to designers. From wall-mounted and clean lined to furniture-style with intricate details, vanities set the mood for the room.
Each piece can be can be personalized via countertop, sink, faucet and hardware to reflect the taste of the homeowner and the style of the home. The cohesive look sets the stage for other elements in the space, including the tile, tub and toilet.
Among the current trends in bath vanities are:
- A return to interest in natural woods, with finishes that show off the grain and connect to nature for a calming aesthetic.
- A range of sizes, from the ultra-small 15” for compact spaces and powder rooms, to 72” to fill entire walls.
- Furniture style continues to gain in popularity, adding a distinctive and individualized touch to the space.
- Whether the vanity leans modern or traditional, major details – such as turned legs, metal embellishments and fluted fronts – deliver personal style.
- Painted finishes are more muted than years past, with softer blues, grays and greens – as well as black – making statements.
- Storage and organization features are more important than ever, with drawer inserts, electrical outlets and shelving popular amenities.