Accessorizing the Kitchen
As homeowners spend more time at home, working and living in their kitchens with their families, the desire for streamlined functionality and a cleaner appearance has only continued to grow. Sought-after details for organizing pantry items, charging electronics and putting everything in its place are just some of the requested details for kitchen accessories and cabinet interiors.
Ease of use is a must for these elements, but aesthetics and beautiful finishes are also part of the mix. Manufacturers have proven to be up to the task, however, as cabinet pullouts don’t just offer function, but do it in style; and accessories deliver the best in function while blending in and even enhancing their surroundings.
Following are some of the hottest trends in interior fittings and kitchen accessories right now.
• Storage accessories are increasingly becoming customized for how homeowners use their space, with removable caddies, utensil storage, adjustable drawer inserts and movable pegs being used.
• Power sources for charging electronics are being hidden away, with customized spaces being created in drawers and nooks for convenient powering up.
• Pullouts now include very specific functional accessories, such as knife blocks and bins that keep items close at hand.
• Reaching into dark cabinets, corner spaces and high storage is becoming a thing of the past, as interior storage units now easily bring the items to the user.
• Using every inch of space is a must in today’s organized kitchens, and spices, sheet pans and cooking utensils find their own spaces in carved-out storage.
• Shelving continues to grow and evolved in the kitchen, with styles ranging from live edge wood to industrial metal.