While stainless steel appliances are still the go to, colorful finishes are gaining ground, with ranges and refrigerators in particular making striking statements. With tones in the kitchen warming up, preferred colors are shifting from blues and greens to shades with red and yellow undertones.
Bolder colors, such as red and burgundy, are making their way into more transitional and modern design. For retro styles, pastels are also part of the mix. And black and white, especially in matte finishes, are a popular alternative for those who don’t want to venture too far from stainless.
Following are just a few of the color trends being seen on appliances right now.
- As spaces get warmer, spice tones are taking over, with cool greens giving way to teals, reds yielding to burgundy and orange and yellow morphing to saffron.
- Custom shades and patterns continue to be explored, with photographs, textile looks and even recipes showing up on refrigerator and range surfaces.
- New jewel tones are catching the eye, with rich electric blues, vivid pink reds and vibrant green among the selections.
- Viva Magenta, Pantone’s Color of the Year 2023, is influencing all shades of red.
- Black continues to be a standout, with everything from black stainless to matte black setting the mood.
- When it comes to colored appliances, coordinating accessories such as handles and hinges are also expanding finish selections beyond stainless to include chrome, gold and copper.