Just as cabinets are elevating the look of today’s kitchen with updated colors, finishes and styles, vanities are providing an additional design punch in the latest bath spaces. Styles range from freestanding furniture pieces to wall-mounted floating units, with doors, drawers and shelves that provide a range of storage options.
Vanity sizes are also experiencing a shift, with petite versions now making a statement in even the smallest powder rooms. Storage is a key for homeowners, so interior spaces with room for towels and toiletries is a must.
Elements trending right now in bath vanities include:
- Dividers and customizable interiors allow users to create spaces for their particular storage needs.
- Reeded fronts and a range of other design details add a wow factor to otherwise standard looks.
- Interior lighting and integrated electrical outlets allow homeowners to see contents and keep small appliances plugged in and ready to use.
- Natural and nature-inspired materials and finishes are in high demand, including reclaimed woods and stone fronts.
- There is a growing demand for compact units that can be tucked into powder rooms and corners, providing even the smallest spaces with added storage.
- Countertop storage towers are becoming a popular option for adding storage space, especially when linen storage is limited.