Escalated by the pandemic, the focus on health and wellness continues to be top of mind for consumers. This effect is being felt in kitchen appliances, with ovens that focus on healthy cooking such as steam and air frying.
In addition, today’s range hoods are no longer confined to clearing grease and cooking odors from the air. Instead, they are relied upon to safely clean the air, all while providing quiet operation.
Some of the major trends in kitchen ventilation include:
- Smart features are being incorporated in range hoods, allowing them to be operated remotely and enabling them to communicate with the cooktop.
- Range hoods continue to be the spot where designers take a great deal of liberty, using wood, tile and other materials to create one-of-a-kind pieces.
- Stainless steel is still a leading surface, with many versions of black stainless available to coordinate with other appliances for a cohesive look.
- Downdraft ventilation is gaining in popularity, allowing for clear sight lines in an open floor plan as well as proper ventilation in non-vented areas, such as condominiums.
- Many range hoods operate automatically, turning themselves on an off according to the air quality.
- Lighting is just one of the many ways ventilation hoods can be customized, providing illumination for tasks below.