Clean and contemporary describe the hottest vanity trends right now, with a growing interest in simple designs that spotlight storage, while blending seamlessly into the bath. Rectilinear cabinets and Shaker styling continue to gain ground, while real wood finishes are seeing growth, along with the ever-popular white and gray hues.
Inside the vanity, it’s all about customizable storage, with designers opting for flexible interiors that help their clients to keep things organized, while maximizing storage and accessibility.
Below are some of the hottest trends in bath vanities right now:
- Freestanding vanities and ‘floating’ vanities are both popular contemporary options, many with C-channel construction or touch-to-open doors and drawers instead of hardware.
- While clean and simple styling continue to trend, there’s also a counter trend driven by those who want a “statement piece,” and who seek out unique styling in an authentically handcrafted vanity with intricate, fine furniture detailing.
- White and gray remain the hot finishes, but there’s also an uptick in black and darker mahogany colors, along with exotic veneers like American Walnut, cerused finish white oak and lighter tones associated with the Scandinavian look.
- Texture continues to be a huge trend, and rustic styles that have a textured, aged look are seeing increased interest.
- Flexible storage is a must, with pull-out units for specific items like hair brushes or curling irons, and customizable drawers for makeup and grooming supplies, along with built-in outlets for plugging in appliances that can be hidden away when not in use.
- Vanity sizes are all over the map, from petite (18”-26”) sizes to grand scale (74”-84”) cabinets, with everything in between.