With a renewed interest in cleanliness and clutter-free spaces, functional cabinet hardware has become more important than ever. Hiding away countertop appliances requires heavy-duty hardware such as hinges and drawer slides that can handle heavier weights.
In addition, the popularity of kitchens that blend with other rooms has heightened the desire for clean-lined cabinets and appliances that hide behind panels and doors. Easy-to-operate cabinet doors and drawers that deliver full extension are in demand.
Among the trends being seen with functional hardware right now:
- Drawer slides that can handle heavy loads and provide full extension for access deep into the cavity.
- Lift up cabinet doors that provide easier accents to contents.
- Hidden hinges that help cabinets deliver a seamless look.
- Touchless options and electric-assist hardware that allows for ease of operation.
- Hardware in a variety of finishes to coordinate with the rest of the kitchen design.
- Interior fittings that bring cabinet contents to the user.