Never before have clients paid so much attention to hardware, and manufacturers are following suit, offering an ever-increasingly wide selection of styles, sizes and finishes to accommodate the demand. Pulls have long exceeded the one-size fits all concept, with pulls ranging from 3″ for doors all the way to 18″ for heavy drawers and appliances.
Finishes and styles abound, now often coordinating with the sink faucet and shower systems featured in the room. Hardware sends an overall message about the design; whether it’s rustic, modern farmhouse, contemporary or traditional – decorative hardware works with the design to deliver a beautiful message.
Following are just a few of the latest trends in decorative cabinet hardware for the kitchen and bath
- Coordinating looks throughout the kitchen or bath are becoming more important, so hardware manufacturers are expanding their finish offering to complement faucets, showers and other fittings for a cohesive look.
- Gold tones remain hot, with finishes ranging from yellow golds to rose and champagne hues.
- Black matte continues to make a statement in both the kitchen and the bath, working on everything from industrial to rustic to contemporary styles.
- Mixing metals, especially matte black with shiny silver or gold tones, adds drama to spaces.
- It’s all in the details, as linear and curved designs showcase knurling and hammered looks as well as bevels and intricate feet.
- Transitional and contemporary designs, with clean lines and minimal ornamentation, remain the top choices for cabinet hardware.