While bath accessories are often touted for the organization or comfort they provide, products such as medicine cabinets and mirrors can be statement-making pieces while they provide a needed function. Lighting is a key component of today’s mirrored fixtures, and many deliver different colors and temperatures to add brightness or a softer atmosphere, depending upon what is desired.
Some of the trends in bath mirrors and medicine cabinets include:
• Specialty lighting within mirrors that adjusts according to need and personal preference, including for makeup application and grooming as well as to mimic daylight and indoor lighting.
• Refrigeration within medicine cabinets to help preserve expensive face creams or properly store medications.
• Electronic outlets inside cabinets that supply power for hairdryers and electric shavers, as well as charging stations for cell phones and tablets.
• Backlighting on mirrors and medicine cabinets with color settings for drama and night-light displays for middle-of-the-night visits.
• Medicine cabinets and mirrors with smart capabilities for connected function, complete with disappearing television screens and computer settings for music, weather and other reports.
• Mirrors in dramatic shapes that enhance the overall design or act as the focal point of the bath.