The desire for a spa-like experience leads the trends when it comes to producing products for the shower. Simple units have given way to raincans, handshowers with multiple settings and showerheads that deliver everything from mists to pulsating massages are finding a home in today’s baths.
Delivering luxurious shower experiences are even more challenging for manufacturers, as water regulations and conservation demand low-flow delivery systems. Added amenities are also part of the experience, with light, sound and scent being incorporated into the overall design.
Among the leading trends in the shower experience are:
- Rainheads that deliver warm mists and mimic a natural rain-inspired experience are in demand.
- Handheld shower wands are a must, delivering multiple settings for everything from cleaning the body to washing the dog to sanitizing the shower area.
- While low-flow showerheads use less water, they are designed to deliver a drenching shower experience.
- Finishes for shower systems include the more popular polished chrome and satin nickel as well as trending black matte, brushed chrome and mixed finishes.
- Chromatherapy, stereo sounds systems and aromatherapy options elevate the shower experience to a true spa-inspired respite.
- Many shower systems feature digital controls, WiFi-enabled so showers can be programmed via smart phones and tablets.