While today’s cabinet colors and styles add beauty to the overall look, it’s the interior workings of those cabinets that elevate the design. Cabinet storage comes in all types of sizes, styles and materials to make the inside of the cabinet just as beautiful as the outside, while providing a place for everything.
Kitchen designers have a range of choices when it comes to making the kitchen more functional and organized. And, with today’s heightened interest in clean, uncluttered spaces, specifying those extra details mean happier customers and increased profit.
Among the most recent trends in cabinet interior fittings are:
- Pull-outs for pantries and tall cabinets remain a staple of the hard-working kitchen, providing easy access to contents.
- Drop-down and pull-down shelving makes storage in upper cabinets more efficient.
- Peg systems and dividers in drawers provide customized storage and keep dishes and pots from banging into each other.
- Utensil and block storage keeps forks, spoons, knives and specialty pieces at the ready when cooking.
- Pull-out waste bin and laundry units allows users to sort recyclables and wash as needed.
- Interior charging outlets continue to be in high demand, allowing phones and tablets to be charged off-counter in the kitchen and hair appliances to remain plugged in when stored in the vanity.