Nothing grounds the kitchen space and sets the tone for the design quite like the cabinets, whether it’s a neutral perimeter, glass-enclosed uppers or colorful island. The combinations for colors, textures and styles are seemingly endless, allowing designers to meet every aesthetic need of their clients.
The latest kitchen designs have broadened the selection of cabinets, with a combination of three different styles and colors and often requested – and used – option. The selection of paint colors ranges from the softest pastels to the boldest brights, and the neutral options just keeps expanding. Wood looks are making a significant comeback, with lighter and medium-toned finishes leading the way.
Some of the latest trends in kitchen cabinets include:
- In addition to white and gray, popular painted cabinet colors have expanded into all tones of blue and green, extending their reach beyond the island accent to being the mainstay color of the kitchen.
- While traditional styles are still in the mix, transitional and modern looks with clean lines are the leading selections.
- Textured cabinets are gaining in popularity, as consumers gravitate toward touchable surfaces, whether ultra-smooth and velvety or rough-hewn like natural wood.
- Interior storage is still a huge upsell, with components that bring contents to the user and functional shelving and organization in high demand.
- Cabinet door insets give cabinets a personalized look, and choices range from clear, seeded and antiqued glass to gold meshes for a tactile appearance.
- Lighter colors and earth tone finishes are on the rise, and are often combined with metal accents and black painted cabinets for a distinctive style.