Among the leading trends in the color story for interior design is the continued interest in nature-inspired tones. The colors of nature run from the deepest blacks, richest browns and mossy greens of the forest to the ocean teals, whitewashed sands and sky blues of the seashore, to the vivid purples, reds, yellows and oranges of eye-catching florals.
All of these hues provide comfort for the body and soul, delivering calm and vibrancy indoors as they do in their natural habitat. Homeowners are embracing these colors for appliances, cabinets, countertops and tile among other items for the kitchen and bath to enhance their personal mental and physical wellness.
Among the leading trends in color design for kitchen and baths are:
- Vivid colors are being incorporated – such as Pantone’s Color of the Year 2023 Viva Magenta – in more than just accessories, appearing on cabinets, vanities and tile.
- While metallic finishes are dialing up – especially coppers and rich golds – faucets, sinks and hardware for the kitchen and bath are incorporating powder-coated finishes to deliver a diverse range of color options.
- Black is having its day, and is currently a popular choice for kitchen and bath cabinetry as well as wall color.
- Green has become a staple in kitchen and bath design, and homeowners are reaching for everything from pale sage to rich emerald.
- Stainless steel is losing share to a rainbow of colors for kitchen appliances, with complete packages that offer a coordinated look or one piece that makes a dramatic statement.
- Tile and countertops are available in a seemingly endless selection of patterns and color combinations, delivering a colorful custom touch to spaces.