In the past decade, the shower has gone through a significant transformation, morphing from a place to simply cleanse the body to a space to rejuvenate the mind and spirit as well. Bathrooms have become the oasis of the home, and the tub and shower areas are the focal point, delivering a place to escape and unwind.
With the focus on wellness, especially after such a stressful and unpredictable year, manufacturers have answered the call for shower products that deliver a multi-sensory experience. Even the water delivery systems are being reinvented, with air-infused droplets that offer everything from rainsoft mists to muscle-massaging pulses.
KBDN looks at some of the latest shower trends:
• Chromatherapy has been elevated with the advances in LED lighting, with shower systems now delivering multiple light colors to invigorate or calm the senses.
• Aromatherapy has returned in a significant way, with scent infusion possible via the showerhead, enveloping the user in fragrant warmth.
• The importance of music and sound has been heightened in the shower, with speaker systems being integrated within the showerhead.
• Digital controls and smart systems provide hands-free operation and customized experiences for multiple users.
• Showerheads have the ability to go from soft spray to full stream with the push of a button.
• Hand showers, body sprays and other water accessories heighten the multi-sensory shower experience.