As resale value gives way to personal style as the main driver for remodeling spaces in the home, the bathroom has emerged as a room that is getting the most individualized attention. Whether it’s an over-the-top powder room, a comfortable guest bathroom or a decked out master, the pieces being incorporated into the design are a direct reflection of the person using the space.
To meet the variety of tastes and design styles of today’s homeowners, bath product manufacturers have been busy delivering products in a range of materials, styles and colors. And, when it comes to variety, bath sinks are showcasing a dramatic range, whether through a shapely vessel, colorful undermount or distinctive drop-in.
Some of the trends being seen in bath sinks include:
- Color has broken beyond the easily painted walls and migrated to more permanent pieces, and vivid choices of blues, greens and corals are grabbing attention.
- Metal bath sinks such as copper and stainless steel are seeing a surge due, in part, to antibacterial properties and easy cleanability.
- Vessel sinks are true statement pieces, with distinctive shapes and colorful striations making an impact.
- For those who love the look of a vessel but not the cleaning challenges they can sometimes bring, semi-recessed pieces are delivering on the best of both worlds.
- Homeowners can now choose from a variety of materials to suit their interests, such as natural stone, porcelain, metal, china and solid surface.
- The latest man-made and proprietary materials are allowing companies to mold sinks into forms and shapes never before seen, and deliver ultra-thin sides that blend with contemporary spaces.