Wellness with Water
As the wellness trend continues to take hold, consumers are taking another look at how the amenities in their home can serve them in a more personalized way. Long imagined as a spa retreat, the master bath is being fitted with multiple sinks, luxurious showers, pampering accessories, soothing tones and, yes, tubs.
While stand-alone soaking tubs have garnered much of the attention in recent years, clients are rethinking how a jetted or air tub would provide much-needed benefits. With wellness and staying fit such important issues, a hydromassage for sore muscles, stiff joints and stress relief sounds like a little piece of Nirvana in a private retreat.
Below are some of the latest trends in air baths and whirlpools.
• Freestanding versions are becoming the most-requested tubs in the master bath, and the new jetted tubs are delivering clean lines, less-visible jets and high style to fit any room design.
• Deep tissue massage and skin softening are among the many services current tubs deliver to the user.
• Air baths are often chosen instead of traditional whirlpool tubs because they are perceived as easier to clean, while combination air and water jets are also popular for those who want to customize their bathing experience with a host of jet or air bubble options.
• Amenities such as rims to hold candles and wine glasses, trays for books and smart devices, heated headrests and built-in light therapy, aromatherapy and chromatherapy are among today’s options.
• Acrylic and specialty materials are allowing for the development of interesting shapes and sizes to fit any room shape or style.