Technology, clean lines and colorful options are all updates to the latest offerings in cooking appliances. While top functionality is a given, these elements and more are what designers are delivering to today’s homeowners.
Connected appliances, which can be operated via apps, include camera monitoring, automatic shut-offs and access to recipes, among a range of other options. And, in keeping with the desire for sleek, uncluttered spaces and personalized design, minimal and handleless designs, along with varied finishes, are part of the package.
Among the trends being seen in cooking appliances right now are:
- Healthy cooking methods, such as steam and air-fry, are now part of the overall offering for ovens.
- Colorful options abound, with the extension going beyond stainless, black and white to hundreds of colors to meet individual tastes.
- WiFi capabilities allow users to preheat their ovens, check items cooking, program time and temperature to match accessed recipes, and more.
- Smart ovens will open oven doors when food is cooked and automatic shut-offs will cut power to cooktop burners not in use.
- Induction continues to gain ground as an alternative to gas, offering more control over cooking than traditional electric cooktops.
- Patterns and textures are now part of the finishing mix, along with trim and knob selections that can be changed out for updated looks.