Today’s kitchens are being designed with a range of amenities customized to the people who use them. Items such as steam ovens and touchless faucets enhance a healthy lifestyle, while built-in undercounter microwaves and oversized islands with seating deliver function for the growing family.
For those who entertain, or just enjoy a favorite vintage with a well-cooked meal, appliance manufacturers are delivering wine refrigeration units that offer optimum preservation. Taking into account temperature, vibration, light, moisture and even display opportunities, current wine refrigerators deliver a range of options for today’s wine lover.
- Interiors are now more flexible, with moveable shelving and pop-up capabilities for display to meet user needs.
- Lighting is becoming an integral part of the wine refrigerator, with changeable LED lights putting the collection on display.
- UV rays can damage the delicate contents, so wine refrigerators are equipped with tempered glass that is tinted to protect against light.
- Full-extension wood shelves cradle bottles appropriately and minimize vibration, all while delivering an upscale look and experience.
- Separate zones for both red and white are standard to keep wines at their ideal temperature, while some even have a deep chilling mode for rapid cooling of whites.
- Whether storing just a few bottles or 100-plus, wine refrigerators are offered in undercounter, full-size and even within traditional refrigerator/freezers.