While cabinets and countertops are often the foundation of a kitchen design, more and more the cooking area – specifically the range and hood – is the room’s focal point. Professional ranges of 48” and even 60” deliver a selection of cooking options for even the choosiest of home chefs, while smaller options of 24” and 30” can provide a range of amenities in compact yet impactful design.
When it comes to ranges, technology is changing the game at lightning speed. Ovens can provide a number of cooking options, while gas and induction cooktops deliver burners that offer heat for the most delicate of sauces to the searing of meat. Connectivity gives even more control to home cooks, allowing for preheating the oven, choosing recipes and checking on dinner all from a smart phone or iPad.
Some of the latest trends in ranges are:
- Range cooktops are available in everything from gas to induction, with options including griddles and wok rings available to meet specific cooking style.
- Stainless steel finishes first morphed into black stainless and similar options, but now finishes in hundreds of colors allow ranges to make a dramatic statement in the kitchen design.
- Ranges are now available in a multitude of sizes to accommodate everything from city apartments to massive kitchen spaces.
- Speed is a need for today’s families, and the ability to control ovens from remote locations and oven technology that shortens cooking time are among the most popular options.
- Today’s ranges offer a variety of cooking functions for the oven, including such options as European convection, baking, broiling, sous vide and air frying.
- Smart technology and WiFi-connectivity have elevated the performance of today’s ranges, allowing for more control over cooking.